In this blog post and video, we are going to talk about a small community in the central part of Temecula called Laurel Creek. The Laurel Creek Community in Temecula is gated and off Margarita Road.
The Laurel Creek community has many amenities and conveniences located nearby that include:
- The Temecula Shopping Center in outdoor mall which has a ton of shopping and restaurants that include the lazy dog, Yard House, p.f. Chang’s and a few Mom and Pop restaurants.
- Costco- this location does have a gas station and best prices in all of Temecula.
- The Legends golf course which is one of the more affordable golf courses in Temecula, oftentimes no more than $40 during Twilight hours
- Temecula Elementary School and Margarita Park are just down the road toward the 15 freeway.
- Old Town Temecula which has no more than a 10-minute drive. Old Town Temecula Is great for walking and spending an evening shopping and going to the many restaurants. One of our favorites is the goat and Vine. (Pro Tip) Reservations are made on the Yelp app and make sure you do this early as the weight, especially on weekends can be up to two to three hours. If you would like a more in-depth article and video on Old Town you can learn more here
- Harveston Lake is a beautiful area of Temecula in The Harveston Community. They have a 1-mile walking path around the lake and is a beautiful spot to spend walking your dog or having a picnic.
When it comes to the actual Laurel Creek community, homes or mid-range in way of size. Square footages of these homes range from 1400-2000 sq ft and lot sizes are on the smaller size which keeps maintenance to a minimum. Homes will have 3-5 bedrooms.
Amenities of the HOA in Laurel Creek include a gated pool area, walking paths, barbecue area, and tot lot. One of the unique features of Temecula as a whole is the awesome HOA’s and generally include many activities for its residents. The cost of the H O A in Laurel Creek is $100 a month and this includes the gate.
Pros & Cons Of Laurel Creek
PROS OF LAUREL CREEK
- Low special assessments and taxes
- Small lots, low maintenance
- 3 minute drive to shopping like target and Vons
- More of an affordable area in Temecula
- Great for a starter home or rental
CONS OF LAUREL CREEK
- Small yards
- Homes will be smaller in size
- If you don’t want an HOA Laurel Creek does have one and it is $100 a month
- Some homes back to Margartita (busy road)
- Narrow streets