Top 5 Things To Do In Temecula in 2020
In the year 2020, Temecula is still unknown but a great place to vacation, visit or even live. In this blog post, I’m going to go over the top 5 things to do in Temecula in 2020. As a resident of Temecula, these are the five things I would do if I were to visit Temecula, California. I tried to keep some variety in these top 5 things to do in Temecula in 2020, hopefully there is something for everyone.
Because we live here, we don’t really do the wine tour thing but it’s definitely a great way to go if you are visiting. You don’t have to worry about driving and it will allow you to experience different wineries. Wine country of Temecula is the unknown hidden gem and definitely one of the top 5 things to do in Temecula in 2020. If you decide to do a tour, Yelp is always a great place to read reviews, find out what things cost and decide on a tour company.
Do a little research before booking the tour. Make sure the wineries that you visit:
- Have the type of wines that you like to drink. (Reds vs Whites VS Champagnes vs Rose)
- They have the amenities that you are looking for in a winery. Example? some wineries have restaurants, some wineries have overnight stays and some wineries have better views than others. What’s important to you?
- Decide on what packages you would like from the wine tour provider. Do you want snacks throughout the day? Do you want a wine & cheese plate? Do you want drinks provided in the limo?
- Do the wineries you are going to visit have live music? Do you want live music?
Personally, I have mixed feelings on tours. Sometimes they are great and really work in your favor and other times they limit you on what you can see and do. Here are a few links to of some of our favorite wineries, we love each of these wineries for different reasons.
Some of them have better wine than others, some of them have a little better nightlife, some of them have much better views than others. Regardless, Temecula wine country is a beautiful area and you will have a fun, relaxing day.
Walk Old Town Temecula
Old Town Temecula is something that is a must-see and definitely makes our list of the top 5 things to do in Temecula in 2020. Old Town Temecula is very walkable and would take about 2 hours to walk up and down visiting some of the boutique-style shops. there are plenty of restaurants and places to eat.
A few of the interesting stories include Au Savon de Provence Which is an all-natural soap store. Temecula Olive oil Company Which is a very cool olive oil store that has tastings and many different olive oil blends. We have a YouTube video specifically on Old Town Temecula shopping here.
If you are going on a weekend, be aware that Old Town can get pretty busy. There is a large parking structure just off the main street of Old Town that has plenty of parking. It is very close to the bar called “Lukes on Front.”
If I were to spend two hours old town, here is what I would do:
- Take a quick walk up and down to see all the different shops. My taste might be different than yours so be sure to take in as much as possible
- Coin-Op – Even though I’m not really into video games, this really is a cool place. Go in, play a game of basketball or Pac-Man and have a drink.
- Do some olive oil tasting at Temecula Olive Oil Company.
- Go to Luke’s on Front Street and have a beer or soda on the upstairs patio, it has some great views.